Strava Back Half Challenge
During a training run at the end of September, a friend told me about the Strava Back Half Challenge. Later that night, he sent me the link, which you can find HERE.
After looking at the details of the Strava Back Half Challenge, I knew I’d be able to complete it! If you ran a negative split during the marathon, you’d be eligible for a code for free shoes from New Balance!
Part of the rules for the Strava Back Half Challenge included the following:
You have to run a USATF-certified marathon between October 9 – December 4, 2016.
- Upload the marathon activity to Strava.
- Submit my Strava profile link and personal information.
- Name the marathon that the negative split occurred at.
- Link the negative split marathon to the submission form.
- Upload a race photo.
- Discuss the strategy and write a brief blurb on the negative split marathon.
- Click Yes and agree to the contest rules.
About two weeks later after submitting the information, I received an email with a special code for the free pair of shoes! I decided which shoes I wanted and ordered the shoes!
The shoes I decided on were the Minimus 10v4 Trail. So far, they’ve been great… especially for free shoes! They’re a little more substantial than the previous Minimus Trail shoes I had. I have owned the Minimus MT00 and Minimus MT10 in the past. That being said, the Minimus 10v4 Trail will still be a great shoe for winter training and any early spring races!