AssessmentLet's discuss the best ways to get you running better than ever!
During the assessment, I will obtain crucial information about your running history and help you define your training objectives. The Assessment is also a great way for us to get to know each other.
Whether you are a newbie or an accomplished athlete, the Assessment is a great way to introduce you to effective training strategies and refine your current approach. Challenging yourself with specific targets and specificity of training is vital to keeping running structured, effective and most importantly…fun! As part of this service, I will help you map out an approach for whatever running goals you aspire to achieve. We’ll also discuss races to target and your individual scheduling concerns to help you feel adequately prepared given your lifestyle, professional schedule and outside interests. I also like to allot time to answer questions about gear, during-run nutrition and any ancillary training topics pertaining to running you would like to address. After our meeting I will write up a detailed summary of our meeting!
- …begin by reviewing the answers provided on the initial questionnaire.
- …discuss your running experience and define your running goals.
- …evaluate and refine the best approach to running & training for you.
- …introduce training theory and how that will look in a schedule.
- …discuss how running fits into your lifestyle (work, family, scheduling).
- …determine how much time you have to dedicate to training (in miles and days/hours).
- …answer any questions you may have about pacing targets, gear, nutrition, etc.
- …discuss your expectations of a coach.
- …review your injury history and any physical challenges you may encounter, if applicable.
- …further acquaint ourselves with one another.